In Delhi there are thousands of Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) are registered and many of them are working for social welfare and development issues and programmes. Delhi NGOs enlisted in NGOs India has been working on various Social Programmes, objectives and activities.
Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) or Non Profit Organisations (NPOs) or Voluntary organisations (VOs) in Delhi are associated with Social, Charitable, Financial, Economic, Ethical, Cultural and Philanthropic services and purposes.
NGOs in Delhi are operating, functioning, managing and running programmes and issues such as Welfare and Development of Children, Youth, Girls, Women, Old Age persons, Persons with disability, Child Rights, Women Empowerment, Education, Health, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture Development, Development of Art, Craft and Culture, Protection and Conservation of Heritage, Traditional and Historical Places, Research and Development, Environment Conservation and Protection, Human Rights, Social Justice, Social Equality, Social Awareness, Upliftment of Backward and Deprived Communities, Poverty and Distress Relief, Disaster Management, Drinking Water, Family Welfare, Employment Generation, Legal Awareness and Aid, Micro Finance SHGs, Minority Issues, Nutrition, Right to Information, Urban Development, Science and Technology, Sports, Tourism, Vocational Training, Animal Welfare and other purposes.
List of Delhi Non Governmental Organisations:
- The Spastics Society of Northern India, New Delhi
- Suraksha Foundation, Delhi
- Sulabh International Institute of Health & Hygiene, New Delhi
- SSWES – Sneha Social Welfare & Educational Society, Delhi
- SICAS – Sulabh International Centre for Action Sociology, New Delhi
- National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi
- MP Foundation for Social Development & Research, Delhi
- Matri Sudha, Delhi
- Madanji Manav Sewa Kalyan Sanstha, New Delhi
- Suman Sanskriti Kala Manch, New Delhi